Saturday, September 12, 2009

Bike speakers 5 minutes and duck tape





With 5 minutes and duck tape I made our first true project. When I removed the back cover from some PC speakers I saw a power converter. 120v ac(I'm in the us) to 9v. I took a 9v battery from a smoke detector(forget safety!) and used a strip of duct tape to attach the wire leads to the battery. then I took some of my speakers( 5 1/2 inch Harmon Kardon Subwoofer and a 6x9 from a Pontiac Sunfire. I then experimented and bridged the speaker amp( for a whopping 4 watts rms! XD) and hooked it up to the Subwoofer. then all of this was duct taped to the Schwinn stingray. this project was only a proof of concept. This is far from the end of this project this was just a proof of concept my next step is making this permanent and more clean.

No comments: